The Reflections Program provides opportunities for students to express themselves creatively and to receive positive recognition for original works of art inspired by the theme. Students participate by submitting original, student-created artwork for entry in any of the six categories: Dance Choreography, Music Composition, Film Production, Photography, Literature, and 2D Visual Arts.
This year’s theme is “LOOK WITHIN.” Entries will be judged primarily on how well the student uses their artistic vision to portray the theme, their originality and creativity. An artist statement and title are required and very important to the judging process. Be sure to include them on the entry form.
- We will not accept 3D projects this year.
- For more information, go to: https://www.utahpta.org/general-arts-category-rules-pages-forms. Please review the official rules and specific packaging instructions for the category the student is entering.
- Every project must have an entry form! PLEASE remember to completely fill out the entry form and include parent and student signatures!
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories, but may only enter each category once. Each piece of artwork must have its own entry form, title and artist statement.
- Only one student may create the work and be recognized as the award recipient but other students may appear in the artwork itself using a consent form.
- In the photography category, the student must take the photo.
- All projects need to be submitted in or with a manila envelope. Tape a plastic sheet protector to the outside of the manila envelope to hold your entry form.
- Adults may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited in the literature, music composition, photography and visual art categories.
- Use of copyrighted material is acceptable in the dance and film production categories when the title, composer and performer of any music in the submission are cited on the student entry form.
- Every entry will be recognized!
All entries are due
Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
Forms and Rules
Please pay close attention to specific category rules and submission guidelines.
More information can be found online at www.utahpta.org/reflections.