SAGE Training Tests and Practice
Interested in having your child practice for SAGE testing at home? Go to these Training Tests provided by the State of Utah.
You can follow the instructions below to log on and complete a SAGE training test at home.
1. Open an Internet browser and go to sageportal.org.
2. Click on the “Students and Families” button.
3. Click on the “Training Tests” button. On the next page, click on the “Training Tests” button again.
4. You should be at a page with a bright red bar at the top that says “SAGE Training Test Site” and a picture of a red bicycle at the right.
5. In the sign in boxes, you should see the word “GUEST” in several boxes. Leave those boxes as they are and click the “SIGN IN” button.
6. On the next page, select your grade level from the “STUDENT GRADE LEVEL” box and click “YES”.
7. You should see several different training tests to choose from.
8. Click on the name of the test. Your child’s teacher can suggest a test, or you can choose any. The order your students will be taking tests is: Writing, Reading, Math, and Science (3rd graders do not take Science).
9. On the next page, do not make any changes to the menu options. Click “Select”.
10. Click “Yes, Start My Test”.
11. The SAGE program will ask you to do a sound check. Make sure the volume on your computer is at a normal level and click on the sound icon. If you hear the sound, click “Yes” to proceed. If you see a message about “Text-to-Speech is Not Available”, click “Continue”.
12. Click “Begin Test Now.”
To practice for their writing test, students can also go to Utah Compose.
To practice for their math test, students can also visit Front Row.